The Heyden sisters pose for a photo. (Submitted Photo )
The Heyden sisters pose for a photo.

Submitted Photo

Freshman Friday: Heyden kicks her way through high school

April 15, 2016

Every Friday, Highlander Publications chooses a freshman to be featured in “Freshman Friday,” giving the student population the opportunity to get to know its freshman class. Read below to learn about this week’s freshman, Anna Heyden.

Do you play any sports?

“I play soccer. I have been playing for five years now, and I play at North Shore United in Cedarburg. I am also on varsity for Homestead. My main position is center defense, but I can play center midfield, wide defense and wide midfield as well.”

What is your favorite thing about soccer?

“Here are a few: the feeling you have with your teammates since you guys have a bond even stronger than that of sisters, knowing that they have your back at all times; the sheer competitiveness of the game; knowing you played the absolute best you could, whether you won or lost the game; and the beauty of the game.”

What are you looking forward to the most about this coming soccer season?

“We have a pretty good chance of winning state this year, so I’m hoping that all of the preparation and work we put into this season will pay off. Also, I just look forward to every game day. It’s awesome to step out onto the field and play the sport I love the most.”

Do you have any siblings?

“I have two sisters: Reese is in sixth grade at Steffen Middle School and Maddie is a senior at Homestead.”

Do you have any pets?

“I have two dogs. One is a yellow lab named Buddy, and he is two years old. The other is a black lab named Licorice, and she is four years old.”

If you were a sandwich, what type would you be?

“I would probably be a peanut butter sandwich with chocolate chips in it, just because I can eat it at any time and it is so good.”

If you could fill an empty pool with anything, what would you fill it with?

“I would definitely fill it with marshmallows because it would be so fun and soft to jump into.”

What has been your favorite part of high school so far?

“My favorite part of high school has been meeting new people, making new friends and seeing old ones who I haven’t seen for a while.”

What are you looking forward to the most in your next three years at Homestead?

“I am looking forward to getting more involved with clubs and sports. I am also looking forward to continue meeting new people and, overall, just enjoying my high school experience.”