Freshman Friday: Ethan Fuller

Ethan+Fuller%2C+freshman%2C+gets+ready+to+ski+with+the+Homestead+ski+team.+

Submitted

Ethan Fuller, freshman, gets ready to ski with the Homestead ski team.

Every Friday, Highlander Publications chooses a freshman to be featured in “Freshman Friday,” giving the student population the opportunity to get to know its freshman class. Read below to learn about this week’s freshman, Ethan Fuller.

After a long day at school, Ethan Fuller, freshman, likes to hit the slopes with the Homestead ski team. “During the weekdays, every Monday and Wednesday from 3 to 7, I go and practice. Every Thursday from 3 to 11 is a race. Then all day Saturday, I practice with the other ski team I am on,” Fuller said.

Not only does Ethan ski, but he enjoys swimming too. “This year I was torn. I couldn’t decide whether I should do ski team or swim. In the end, I decided to ski.” Fuller said. Ethan would also like to join cross country next year.

After ski practice, Ethan likes to watch his favorite TV show, “The Flash,” or read his favorite book series, “The Maze Runner” by James Dashner.

“During my free time I like to work with my hands. I really enjoy woodworking, playing piano, I like to play the blues, and racing go karts and dirt bikes.” Fuller said. “I also like to listen to rap, Twenty One Pilots, and Cage the Elephant,” said Fuller.

“My favorite subject in school is math because I like solving problems and viewing them like puzzles. In the end when it’s complete, I think it’s fun, it feels like a little bit of an accomplishment,” Fuller said.

During his high school career, Ethan hopes to work as hard as he can to the best of his abilities. “Not only do I want to do good in school, but I want to positively impact the lives of my peers and the people around me,” Fuller said. 

In the future, Ethan wants to go to college somewhere in Madison and would like to become a mechanical engineer. “I am good at math and a lot of engineering is math. I also love to build stuff and because I have ADHD, I love to do hands-on work.” Fuller said.