It’s a bird, it’s a plane, it’s toilet paper

Its a bird, its a plane, its toilet paper

On Thursday, Oct. 9, the week of Homecoming, several cars filled with toilet paper and tired dance team members drove around to varsity football players houses and left them a quilted white surprise in the form of teepeeing.

Every year, the dance team teepees the football players’ houses for good luck. “We left signs and did sidewalk chalk messages,” Bethany Ford, sophomore, stated.

In total the dance team teepeed 46 houses. To do this they needed permission from the parents, so they called all the houses, according to Jackie Sandlow, senior.

Each dancer had at least 40 rolls of the quilted goodness, tossing and draping around 650 rolls of toilet paper throughout the night. Each dancer threw rolls at at least 18 houses and busied themselves until 5 a.m.

Even after hours of work they couldn’t hit all the houses, so “our parents did the Milwaukee houses,” Sandlow said.

As night changed to morning and some dancers grew tired, one car tried to skip out. “Simah’s car was trying to go home,” Ashley Heitz, freshman, said.

Sandlow and Ford also gave some advice to the future teepeers: “Map your routes and go hard on all the houses.”

Here is an example of one of the many signs the dance team made and left for the boys.This last week on the day of the teepeeing they dressed up. “All black” they all quickly responded. “and on the day of, during school, we wear black face stuff. Pretty official.” Bethany Ford, sophomore, said.
his is a prime example of one of the houses that had been teepeed. Before they set out to do their yearly tradition they had to let the police know what they were up to. “We let the police know so we don’t get in trouble,” Jackie Sandlow, senior, said.
Ashley Heitz, freshman, Bethany Ford, sophomore, and Jackie Sandlow, senior, were all part of the teepeeing squad. It had been a long night, especially your first time. “Sam and Meredith were like jamming out while we were all sleeping in the back,” Ashley Heitz, freshman, said.