Freshman Friday: Rachel Sandlow dances her way through high school

Each Friday, one freshman is chosen to be featured on The Highlander Online. This lucky freshman is interviewed in order for students to learn more about Homestead’s newest Mighty Highlanders. This week’s pick is Rachel Sandlow, a family-oriented dancer.

FreshmanFriday

Who is your biggest role model and why?

My sisters are my biggest role models because I’ve looked up to them since they’re such hard workers and always put others before themselves.

How has your relationship changed with your sister now that you’re in high school?

Since I’ve been in high school, Jackie and I have gotten along really well. We hang out a lot more and the fighting has stopped. Being on dance team together is also something that has really helped our relationship.

What is your favorite thing about being a part of the dance team?

My favorite thing about being in dance team is dancing at halftime at the football games.  It’s so much fun going out there and showing people what you’ve worked on all summer. Getting up at 5:30 every morning really pays off for those three minutes out there.

What three things do you most look forward to over the next four years?

I’m definitely looking forward to driving and meeting new people.

Where is your favorite vacation spot?

My favorite vacation spot is Mexico. We’ve gone there a few years with the Lewinsky family and it’s a lot of fun because the weather is so nice and it’s fun to be with another family. Also, we always stay at this really awesome hotel that gives you hot towels when you first get there.