Freshman+Friday

Freshman Friday

Alyssa Boyer rallies through freshman year

May 22, 2015

Every Friday, Highlander Publications chooses a freshman to be featured in “Freshman Friday,” giving the student population the opportunity to get to know its freshman class. Read below to learn about this week’s freshman, Alyssa Boyer.

What are you looking forward to in your future years at Homestead?

I guess just meeting new people and becoming involved with new clubs or teams. I love to get out there and interact with not only people I’ve grown to be friends with, but also people I haven’t gotten the chance to meet.

What do you want to be when you grow up?

I would love to do anything that involves helping others or inspiring others, whether it’d be getting out to third world countries and helping the less fortunate, or just helping people around our own country gain a more positive out look on life.

What are your favorite activities/sports? Do you have a favorite memory from your favorite activities/sports?

I’m involved in young life and other church based activities, but I also love to play tennis. My favorite memory would definitely be going to individual state for tennis and just experiencing all the pressure, excitement and fun first hand.

Who is someone you have always looked up to and why?

I look up to my cousin Jackie, just because I personally have never seen her be anything but encouraging kind and warm hearted. She always has a smile planted on her face and mainly makes positive decisions while still having fun.