Meet the 2020 candidates: Donald Trump
May 1, 2019
The election process has and always will be a quintessential element preserving America’s democracy. To honor this legacy while giving a voice to the citizens of our nation, the electorate holds the responsibility of making educated decisions when it comes to who will represent their country. Studying all candidates before an election, however, can be burdensome and time-consuming. Through five-question features, this blog will allow you to stay up to date on the 2019 presidential candidates.
Donald Trump (R)
Who is he?
45th and current president of the United States
Why is he seeking reelection?
- To fulfill unfinished campaign promises such as the Mexican border wall, repealing/replacing Obama Care and bringing the troops home.
- Trump told the Times, “I love this job”, and not due to the money because of his net worth dropped from $4.5 billion in 2015 to $3.1 billion in 2018.
What are his credentials?
- Trump attended Fordham University then transferred to the Wharton School of Business at the University of Pennsylvania.
- He became president of a conglomeration of Trump-owned corporations and partnerships, which he later named the Trump Organization.
How is he different?
Trump has lived most of his professional life as a businessman and a television-personality.
What is his platform on mainstream issues?
- Keeping America “great again” through more jobs and immigration reform
- Cracking down on illegal drug trade between Mexico and America
- “Smart trade, not stupid trade” through keeping and extending protectionist policies