David Schmich, freshman, and his friends pose for a photo. Photo used with permission from David Schmich.

Freshman Friday: Schmich enjoys beginning of his high school career

April 8, 2016

Every Friday, Highlander Publications chooses a freshman to be featured in “Freshman Friday,” giving the student population the opportunity to get to know its freshman class. Read below to learn about this week’s freshman, David Schmich.

Do you play any sports?
I tried football, but I injured my knee pretty badly, and that was the end of that. I am looking into baseball, though.

What did you do for spring break?
I got to see some old friends and family, which made me really happy. They are from Wisconsin, just far away.

What do you normally like to do in your free time?
Well I love to watch Netflix, of course. Also, I’ll always find something to do with my brother.

What are your favorite shows on Netflix?
My two favorites are The Walking Dead” and “Lost.” I really like them because they are pretty action packed, and that’s cool.

What do you like to do with your brother?
Well, my favorite thing to do with him is to screw with him, but when I am not doing that, we usually shoot baskets or throw a football around.

If you were a sandwich, which type would you be?
I would be a burrito because they are like a million times better.

If you could fill an empty pool with anything, what would it be?
I would definitely fill it with money because I’d take it all right after it was filled.

What have you enjoyed the most about high school so far?
I have really enjoyed meeting all the new people. I also really like having a large grade rather than my 38-person grade at Lumen Christi.

What are you looking forward to in the next three years of high school?
I am really excited to build relationships that, I hope, will last long into my life, and I am looking forward to having a sensational time as a Homestead student.

Comments (0)

All The Highlander Online Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *