Homecoming proposals require creativity

October 10, 2014

Whether it’s from a text message or dozen roses, students throughout Homestead High School are being asked to Homecoming or have been asked already by their boyfriends or crushes.

Mira Mayer, freshman, explained how she got asked to Homecoming by Ali Rahman, freshman. “We were at my friend’s house who has a movie theater, and in front of the screen there is a stage. People said, ‘Ali has an announcement’ and he got up and asked, ‘Mira, will you go to Homecoming with me?’”

Mayer said “yes” and is very excited to be going. “We are really good friends,” she added.

On September 14, Savanna Melen, freshman, explained how Drew Wagner, freshman, asked her to Homecoming.

“I was being led around my neighborhood with my friend on a hunt and at the last spot of the hunt was his house. Outside, Wagner was holding a sign that said HOCO?,” Melen said. “I had been told that he was going to ask me but I didn’t really know for sure.” She added that she was very nervous but is really excited to be going with him to the dance.

On a Friday in the bike room at Homestead, Luca De Martino, freshman, explained how he asked Zanelle Willemse, freshman, to be his date. “I asked her with flowers and a paper saying, “Of all the fish and the sea, would YOU go to Homecoming with me?”

Zanelle said “yes” and they are both looking forwards on going to Homecoming together tomorrow night. Previously, De Martino asked Willemse by a text but she wanted it to happen in person.

Screen Shot 2014-10-10 at 12.15.36 PM Screen Shot 2014-10-10 at 12.15.43 PM Screen Shot 2014-10-10 at 12.15.29 PM