Physical fight breaks out before school

Sasha Milbeck

The fight involving five female students occurred near the cafeteria. Administration has dealt with and resolved the issue.

A physical fight involving five girls occurred on Monday, Sept. 26, at approximately 7 a.m.  According to a letter issued to parents by Principal Brett Bowers, “The school staff and administrators responded and addressed the matter promptly, and the students involved in the situation are facing serious consequences for their actions.”

The incident was recorded on students’ phones and later posted on social media. “Social media presents challenges, but also opportunities. If your child becomes aware of or involved in a conflict on social media, please encourage your child to reach out to me, another administrator or counselor,” Principal Bowers said.

The school administration has dealt with the incident and has resolved the matter.

“Please know that situations like the one that occurred this morning are rare at Homestead and are not indicative of our socially responsible school culture. We thank you for your partnership in ensuring a safe and consistent learning environment,” Principal Bowers said.

At the time of this post, the Mequon Police Department said they had not yet completed filing the report for this incident. According to Police Officer Umhoefer, school liaison officer, it will take two to three weeks to finish filing the report. Currently, the police department is analyzing the incident carefully.

“I think it’s very unfortunate that the fight reached a point where it had become physical,” Officer Umhoefer said.