Freshman Friday: Teah Marks

Every Friday, Highlander Publications chooses a freshman to be featured in “Freshman Friday,” giving the student population the opportunity to get to know its freshman class. Read below to learn about an average day in the life of freshman, Teah Marks.

Before school: I get up, get dressed and go to school on the bus.

Morning: I had world studies and gym class. These were fun classes that I never got bored in. 

Afternoon:  I had health class, B lunch , honors geometry and study hall. Study hall was my favorite because I would get my homework done in school during a class designated for work time. I usually didn’t even have that much homework, so I would play games with friends. Overall, I had a pretty easy school day.  

After school:  I joined the Homestead gymnastics team this year. Usually after school,  I would have gymnastics practice at some point for 2-3 hours, time and length varied based on the day. This is the part of my day that I looked forward to the most. Being on the team was super fun. I liked the people, the coaches and the sport itself. I had a lot of fun doing it and being able to casually tell my friends that I was going to go do back flips after school every day.  

Night:  I would have dinner with my family and we would all hang out until we went to bed.

Some of Teah’s favorites:

Movie: “The DUFF”

Color: Magenta

Animal: Hedgehog, they’re just so cute!

Book: “Divergent”

Food: Ice cream

TV Show:  “Pretty Little Liars”

Band/artist: Spice Girls

Song: “Wannabe” by the Spice Girls

Subjects in school: Art and math

Restaurant: Kopps

Article of clothing: Shorts

Part of freshman year: Having study hall and no homework during 2nd tri!