Freshman Friday: Zack Z. Zens

Zack Zens poses for a picture .

submitted

Zack Zens poses for a picture .

Every Friday, Highlander Publications chooses a freshman to be featured in “Freshman Friday,” giving the student population the opportunity to get to know its freshman class. Read below to learn about this week’s freshman, Zack Zens

Do you play any sports?

No,  I don’t play any sports.

Do you play any instruments?

No, I don’t, but I do act!

Do you have any siblings?

I have a sister Nicole who is ten years old.

Do you have any pets?

I have A LOT of pets. I have two dogs: a German shorthaired Shepherd named Bumer, and a longhaired German Shepherd named Shadow. I have three cats: Kitcha, Kiki and Ruda. I have peacocks, chickens, roosters and Chinese geese. Also, I have two horses: Snoopy who is a black Clydesdale and Maxy, a black thoroughbred.

What are some of your hobbies?

I am an avid shopper and I absolutely adore preppy fashion. I also collect rocks, insects and coins.

What’s your typical Saturday like?

I usually get up around 7:30 a.m. on Saturday. I go downstairs and make breakfast with my family; we share most meals together, and it is very important to my family. I then go back up, get dressed and do all the other generic morning things. I spend my weekends either going to lunch or hanging out with my friends. I usually have a family event at night.

What are you looking forward to in high school?

I am looking forward to my education in economics and business. To me, education is extremely important.

What’s a fun/random fact about you?

In the world, there are seven quintillion grains of sand.

Some of  Zack’s favorites:

Color: Aquamarine

Animal: Peacock

Movie: Django Unchained

TV show: “The Blacklist”

Food: Penne Cotta

Book: The Great Gatsby 

Class: Honors English

Song: “Fly me to the moon” by Frank Sinatra

Part of freshman year: When we raised and donated $2,000 for a firefighter named Kristin. She has kidney cancer and we we’re part of the Kapco Charitable Challenge and we made a difference in her life.