8 things Homestead faculty want students to know

High school can be the best years of your life, the worst years of your life, or a little bit of both.  Balancing stress, homework, and tests with fun, friends, and extracurriculars can be a bit confusing for students who are trying to figure out who they are and what they want to with their lives.  Scroll down to see what Homestead teachers and faculty want students to know about high school and life after it.  

“It doesn’t really matter what college you go to.  In the end, companies will be hiring you for you, not for the college you went to,” Mr. Ciurlik, avid and history teacher, said.

Ciurlik

“Sometimes high school is challenging because you are expected to be here, but once you get through these next four years, the future is full of possibilities,” Mrs. Godfrey, physical education teacher, said.

Godfrey

“As Mark Twain would say, ‘20 years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the things that you did.’ So follow your dreams and follow every passion in high school. It will lead to so much more,” Mrs. Winters, secretary, said.  

Winters

“The academic calendar is actually published more than a year in advance, and there are many opportunities for students and families to schedule vacations to coincide with the calendar and not miss class,” Mr. Sivanich, physics teacher, said.

Sivanich

“High school is a moment in your life.  I know that right now it is your whole life, but soon it will be over and it’s really not that important.  The things that stress you out day in and day out won’t matter in the end,” Señora Lauber de Garza, Spanish teacher, said.

Lauber

“Whoever said high school was the best time of their life never went to college,” Mr. Heibler, science teacher, said.

gif

“While in high school, students should partake in clubs with other students and anything that extends their knowledge outside the classroom, Mr. Engle, history teacher, said.

Engle

“Work hard always, and take advantage of the amazing opportunities that are available to you.  Surround yourself with people who encourage you to become the best version of yourself,” Mrs. Besler, school counselor, said.

Besler