Homecoming Hurrah

This is the poster being used to promote the Homecoming dance.

As homecoming week begins, earlier than usual, it’s time to get ready for all the hurrah. The Homecoming Dance will be held Sept. 28; the theme of the dance is “Hollywood Stars.”

As in past years, seniors will dress according to the theme.

“The theme ‘Hollywood Stars’ is open to interpretation and can be taken in many different ways. From famous movie characters to celebrities, to old Hollywood stars, this theme encompasses all facets of movies,” Bridget Brown, senior, explained. 

As for the week leading up to the dance, there are dress up themes according to each day of the week.

Monday: Senior dress up only!

Tuesday: Blackout

Wednesday: Jerseys

Thursday: Favorite movie

Friday: Red for seniors and sophomores & white for juniors and freshmen

Other fun things to expect during homecoming week include the powder puff game on Wednesday, the homecoming parade and the homecoming game Friday night.

“I am most excited about marching in the parade because I get to do a really fun color guard routine! I’m also really excited to march with the band at halftime and perform another fun routine, then join the energetic cheering in the student section after halftime,” Sammi Trost, junior, stated.

On Friday, Sept. 27, there will also be a pep rally at the end of the school day which will be emceed by seniors Josh Teplin, Colin Satchie, Bridget Brown and Bella Cicero.

“It’s super crazy honestly. All of the grades are trying to be the loudest and win the most games, but it’s super cool to see how we really come together as a school during the pep rally. Everyone is so excited for the game and the dance, and it is very fulfilling to see that after all the work [student council] puts into planning all of it,” Cicero exclaimed.

Going into his senior year, Teplin is looking forward to being more of a leader within the school. He is starting of this leadership by being another emcee at the pep rally.

“Getting the opportunity to be an MC is awesome. I can’t wait to try and bring hype and excitement in the start of homecoming weekend,” Teplin explained.