Freshman Friday: Emma Rader

Every Friday, Highlander Publications chooses a freshman to be featured in “Freshman Friday,” giving the student population the opportunity to get to know its freshman class. Read below to learn about this week’s freshman, Emma Rader!

What is your most used emoji?
-I don’t use a lot of emojis, but I think it’s the wide-eyed blushing one.😳

What’s your favorite class?
-I really liked my English class with Mrs. Fraley as well as biology with Mr. Davies.

What are 3 words you would use to describe yourself?
-Normally: perseverant, open-minded, friendly. In quarantine: bored, bored, bored.

-What’s your favorite restaurant?

Ginza, but only for sushi.

Are you in any sports or clubs at Homestead?
-I played volleyball in the fall and started track this spring, which was sadly cut short. I’m also in Best Buddies.

Where is your dream travel destination?
-I would really like to visit Spain and France. My dream vacation would be backpacking across western Europe for a few weeks.

What is your favorite movie?
-My favorite movie in the last year has been Peanut Butter Falcon, but out of any movie I’ve probably seen Princess Bride the most times.

What is your dream job?
-My dream would really be anything STEM related that includes problem solving. I am really interested in the heart and brain, so a more specific answer would be a cardiovascular surgeon or neurologist.

Do you have any siblings?
-I have one sister, Grace, who is a senior this year.

What is your favorite season?
-I love summer because of all of the fun activities I get to take part in. The first thing I do is go to camp, then I have a whole summer of beach volleyball, vacation, and time with friends to look forward to.

What are you looking forward to in your sophomore year?
-I’m excited to start new classes and electives that I couldn’t take this year. Also, hopefully I won’t be late to school as often once I don’t have a senior driving me.