Long-time business teacher accepts new district position

Mr. Matt Wolf has been teaching in the Mequon-Thiensville School District for 15 years.

Mr. Matt Wolf , Homestead business teacher of 15 years, accepted the new position of Academic and Career Planning Coordinator (ACP) with the Mequon-Thiensville School District (MTSD). The Board of Education approved the adding of the position and the hiring of Mr. Wolf at the April 25 school board meeting.

“I am very excited about this new opportunity.  I believe I will be able to help a wide range of students through this position, as well as help teachers indirectly with increased student commitment to learning in the classroom,” Mr. Wolf said. “I will miss the daily interaction with a group of students, watching the excitement after a job well done on a project and much more.  However, I will still interact with students often in my new position; it will just be in a different environment with different goals.”

The Academic and Career Planning Coordinator will facilitate and oversee academic and career plan services for all of the students in the Mequon-Thiensville School District from grades 6 to 12. To do so, each student will create a career plan centered on personally identified career clusters, which are calculated according to the student’s interests, and then, based on their clusters, students will conduct research on the reality–job availability, pay, certification requirements and schoolings–of their career options.  

Along with this career-planning process, Mr. Wolf will provide services for students interested in pursuing their goals through apprenticeships, internships and alternatives other than a four-year college after high school.

With the adding of this new position, the district will attempt to maximize student academic achievement and personal growth, which is a primary goal identified in MTSD’s Strategic Plan. Specifically, the Academic and Career Planning Coordinator will help fulfill various objectives, which include “guarantee[ing] a rigorous PK-12 curriculum that equips all students to achieve college and career goals and guarantee[ing] delivery of high-quality instruction to ensure the college and career readiness of all students.”

According to a MTSD district correspondence, “We are confident that the establishment of this critical position, along with the vision, skills and experience that Mr. Wolf brings to the role, will ensure the achievement of our goals and objectives around college and career preparedness for students.”

Mr. Wolf will continue coaching football after he begins his new position.