Community service opportunities available for students

Many classes offered at Homestead require some form of community service along with a certain number of service hours, whether it’s for an AP class, Government or NHS. Mequon and the surrounding area host multiple opportunities for students to volunteer. Check out the interactive map below the photos for locations of nearby places looking for volunteers.

webstory
The Logemann Community Center welcomes people of all ages to join and help out around the community. There are many opportunities provided for students to receive the service hours they need for a class.
webstory
Looking for a fun way to receive those final hours needed for a certain class? Volunteer at the Saukville Humane Society! The Humane Society require students to be 18 or older, so this opportunity is directed more towards seniors.
Webstory image
The Schlitz Audubon Nature Center provides volunteer opportunities for all ages. “There’s a wide variety of opportunities at the Audubon Center for people to get service hours, whether it’s working the front desk or helping outside. Also, it’s fairly easy to sign up, either visit our website or come pick up a volunteer sheet at the main desk and you’re all set!” Sandy Manning, Manager of Operations, said.
Webstory Picture
The Aurora Health Care Center provides many opportunities to help out at sponsored organizations. Located in Grafton, this hospital allows students of all ages to sign up and volunteer.