Trivia app exactly what it’s cracked up to be

Completely consuming, extremely addicting, Trivia Crack, a popular trivia app, entices players to test their knowledge on a wide variety of subjects, pitting friend against friend and stranger against stranger. Recently becoming widely popular among the Homestead High School student body, this paradoxical world where high school students desire to broaden their knowledge while playing a game has proven to be a smash hit.

By spinning the wheel to determine the category (either science, entertainment, art, geography, sports or history) the player is then asked a number of questions. Answer a question right and you move on to the next question; it’s as simple as that.

But why is this game so addicting? Why do students who spend almost eight hours a day learning and challenging themselves academically voluntarily choose to spend their free time answering trivia questions?

The verdict is plain: it’s addicting. Vince Zuccaro, senior, said, “[Trivia Crack] is a fun way to challenge your friends and you learn something at the same time.”

Certainly at the height of its popularity, Trivia Crack keeps players addicted with more than 100,000 questions and new ones being added daily, presenting players with more opportunities to learn something new.

“A quick five-minute game can easily turn into an hour of playing,” Makenzie Christenson, sophomore, said. As one’s game requests pile up it only perpetuates the endless rounds of Trivia Crack. Believing it’s best played among friends, “I always ask them what the answer is,” Christenson said. Seen playing before class, in the hallways, and at countless lunch tables, students can’t get enough of Trivia Crack.

Nia Newton, junior, expressed, “[Trivia Crack] is like a new shiny toy we can play with and then we get bored with it when something new comes along.”

Although this app still remains number one in the app store, the Homestead student body, much like Newton, waits eagerly for the next popular app to come to their fingertips.