Freshman Friday: Lindsey Bjornstad swims her way through her freshman year

Submitted Photo.

Submitted Photo.

Nicole Martin

Lindsey Bjornstad, freshman, participated on Homesteads Varsity Swim team. Submitted Photos.
Lindsey Bjornstad, freshman, participated on Homestead’s varsity swim team. Submitted Photos.

Each Friday, one freshman is chosen to be featured on The Highlander Online. This lucky freshman is interviewed www.shinyessays.com/blog/study-tips-for-college-students in order for students to learn more about Homestead’s newest #MightyHighlanders. This week’s pick is Lindsey Bjornstad, a talented varsity swimmer.

What do you want to be when you grow up?
I want to be a marine biologist and live in Australia.

What sports do you participate in?
I was on the varsity swim team this year, but I danced for 10 years too.

Screen Shot 2015-01-30 at 6.11.54 PM
Illustration by Nicole Martin

What is your favorite part of high school so far and why?
I really like all the different things you can do in high school. The classes are so much better than before and I love the family feeling you get when in a sport, club, or activity.

What is on your bucket list?
Some things on my bucket list are to travel to every continent in the world, watch a total solar eclipse, learn to surf, go skydiving, get my drivers license, be fluent in Spanish, learn to scuba dive and go tree camping in Germany.

What are you looking forward to in your future years at Homestead?
I am looking forward to continuing with the swim team and color guard for band, taking classes that interest me and meeting so many new people.

Comment from a teammate:
“Lindsey was super hard working and found her place in the varsity swim family. She is definitely an asset to the team and is fun to hang with in and out of the pool.” -Claira Huskin, fellow freshman and varsity swimmer