Students show their school spirit at assembly

Homestead seniors participate in the formation of the Homestead H at the school assembly. For many years, the making of the H has been a tradition at Homestead.

Katya Mikhailenko

Homestead seniors participate in the formation of the Homestead “H” at the school assembly. For many years, the making of the “H” has been a tradition at Homestead.

With the Homestead marching band parading through the hallways, the students gathering in the field house and Mr. Brett Bowers, principal, leading students in, the annual Homestead assembly had begun on Friday. Students showed their school spirit by tweeting out with the hashtag #mightyhighlanders and @johnlegend. Five brave seniors, Amelia Stastney, Carolyn Rossman, Matt Gresham, Daniel Zvi and Zoë Hurdle, came out of the big white H formed by fellow seniors to share their experiences from when they tried something new before egging Mr. Bowers.

In the stands, underclassmen, dressed in red, also showed their enthusiasm for the upcoming school year. Eliza Imbrie, sophomore, said, “I’m excited and I hope it goes well.” Another student, Katelyn Brown, senior, said, “I am really excited for the upcoming school year.”

Teachers shared their thoughts as well. Ms. Sara Kamoske, math teacher, stated, “I feel positive [about this school year] because there are a lot of great students.”

Click on the blue Storify button to see tweets from the assembly.