Apple releases iOS 8 to iPhone users

Today, iOS 8 was released as the newest update from Apple. According to Apple, this is “the biggest iOS release ever.” The new operating system, correlating with the release of the iPhone 6, comes with huge updates and new features for apps like Photos and Messages.

Screen Shot 2014-09-17 at 6.04.33 PM
Illustration by Erin Connolly

New attributes include an advanced design and a state-of-the-art family sharing program, which allows up to six family members to share purchases from iTunes, iBooks and the App Store without needing the same iTunes account.

Unfortunately, to update an older iPhone, it takes over five gigabytes of storage. However, Katie Wegmann, sophomore, claimed, “I don’t care if it takes up all my gigs, I am deleting everything until I can update it.”

Students at Homestead are excited to see what iOS 8 has to offer. “I am pumped for the quick reply,” Dominic Enea, senior, stated.

Contradicting all the positive reviews of the update, many students would like to see more. “I wish it had the ability to see when someone screenshots your messages,” Serafino Lagalbo, junior, added.

Others aren’t impressed by the fancy new features and are switching to the Galaxy. “Right now I have a jailbreak on my iPhone because I just don’t like it, so I will probably go to the Galaxy when my plan is up,” Johnny Erpenbeck, sophomore, said.

Nevertheless, iOS 8 is the newest technological advance in Apple history and is spreading like wildfire across the United States right now.